Western & Cortland, Chicago - June 1952 - Frank Hicks (FrankHicks)
The 4391 is still in its as-delivered Mercury green, Croyden cream and Swamp Holly orange paint on June 28, 1952 as it travels northbound along Western Avenue at Cortland. The photo was taken from the Western "L" station on the Logan Square line. Most of the buildings in this photo are still standing. Note the safety islands, identical to the one reproduced at IRM. Barney L. Stone photo, Krambles-Peterson Archive, photo posted to www.irm.org with permission.