The Illinois Railway Museum is a great destination for birthday parties, family reunions, corporate events, or organization outings. Amenities available at the museum include:
- The Central Diner, with a variety of food available and an indoor air-conditioned dining room with a view of the streetcar line
- Several picnic groves at various spots around the property including a covered picnic area near the diner
- Modern washrooms in the main depot and in the diner
- A playground for younger children
- Many hands-on activities and educational exhibits
Charter trips aboard a specially designated train, open only to group members, are available. With advance notice, groups of any size and groups with special accessibility requirements can be easily accommodated. Contact our Charter Director by e-mail using the form below or by phone at 815-923-4391 ext 2 for details or if you have specific requests.
Looking for a spot to hold a smaller corporate event or meeting in a unique and unforgettable setting? Inquire with our Charter Director about holding your meeting in an historic business car once used by captains of the railroad industry or about chartering a train to get your event rolling.