Happy Holiday Railway tickets for December 1st and 2nd are sold out. Please refer to the link above for current ticket availability.
Embark on a magical 40 minute train ride through the winter countryside with Santa Claus himself!
- Enjoy a 40-minute train ride for the whole family
- See and visit with Santa Claus on the train
- Treats will be served during the trip
- Gifts will be given to children on Santa’s “good list”
- Holiday lights display including the biggest and brightest Christmas tree in McHenry County
- Hot chocolate available FREE on the train
- See historic trains in the museum’s display barns 6, 7 and 9
- Free parking
Days for this event are November 24th, 25th, December 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 22nd and 23rd. Saturday and Sunday trips take place at 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm, 5pm and 6pm. (Rides at other times may be opened up at a later date based on demand). Plan to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled trip.Ticket prices are $18.00 per person. Everyone past their first birthday must have a ticket. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, all ticket sales are final. Most display buildings and portions of the museum grounds will not be open for this event. Parking is free. The train ride will leave from a platform at Barn 9 and return to the same platform, rather than the diner or depot. Santa will ride the train with you. Hot chocolate and cookies will be available on the train. Display Barns 6, 7, and 9 will be open. If you are unable to print your tickets at home, bring a copy of your order confirmation email to the museum store where you will check in for your ride.
Join us for the most exciting holiday train in the greater Chicago area! All Aboard!
All schedules and equipment subject to change without notice.