Our Promise and Our Expectations
The Museum is committed to providing the experience our regular visitors know and love while observing all applicable guidance of the civil authorities, and the health and safety of our visitors, members and staff remains foremost. We appreciate everyone's understanding and cooperation.
Our visitors and members help us ensure the health and safety of all by agreeing to the following:
- Visitors and members are invitees to private property and, as such, are required to follow all of our policies.
- Visitors and members that have been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 14 days or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including a fever, cough, or shortness of breath) must not visit.
- We recognize that no practical level of precautions can provide absolute security against infection. Visitors and members that have underlying health conditions or are otherwise concerned about contracting COVID-19 should consider whether or not they are comfortable visiting the Museum.
New and Updated COVID-19 Policies Currently in Place
- The Museum encourages you to pre-purchase tickets. Advance reservations are required for large groups. Tickets are available either through www.irm.org or by calling the Museum office at 815-923-4391.
- As of April 20, 2022, there is no requirement to wear masks anywhere at the museum. Mask wearing and social distancing will be entirely at the discretion of our visitors. Anyone who wishes to wear a mask is welcome to do so but they are not required.
- Seating capacity on our trains is now at 100%.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the property. Additionally, our public restrooms remain available for hand washing. Please take advantage of these opportunities as often as you can.