Passenger Car Restoration
Donations are needed to fund restoration work on the Illinois Railway Museum's collection of historic railroad passenger cars. Current projects in the museum's Passenger Car Department include:
- Repainting and roof rebuilding work on heavyweight Pullman solarium-observation car 'Mt. Harvard'
- Interior restoration work and exterior repainting of heavyweight Pullman private car 'Pawnee'
- Replacement of body and dome windows on Denver & Rio Grande Western streamlined dome car 'Silver Pony'
- Vestibule steel work, interior repainting, and roof work on heavyweight Pullman sleeping car 'John McLoughlin'
- Interior work on the lounge section of heavyweight Pullman lounge car 'Dover Strait'
- Interior restoration work on several stainless-steel lightweight passenger cars known as the "silver cars"