Celebrate the 1950s at IRM with live music, a greasers vs. preps costume contest, summertime carnival games, period automobiles, along with buses and trains from the time when rock ‘n roll was king.
50’s Day – Hours / Admission / Operating Schedule Information:
Electric trains and Diesel or Steam trains will be operating. Trolley buses will operate in the afternoon.
Equipment Scheduled to Operate:
- Frisco 1630 and Steam Coach Train ♿
- Shay 5 Steam Locomotive (Open for Cab Tours)
- CBQ 9911A and the Nebraska Zephyr
- Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 251 & 749
- Chicago Aurora & Elgin 431 & 460
- Chicago Rapid Transit 1797 & 1268 ♿
- Chicago Transit Authority 4391
- Chicago Surface Lines 1374
Adults $18, Senior $16, Children $14
Trains operate hourly 11:00am to 4:00pm or more often as needed.
The Museum grounds open at 10:00am and close at 6:00pm.
The parking lot opens at 9:30am and closes at 6:30pm.
All equipment, schedules and prices subject to change without notice.
♿ = this train is wheelchair-accessible