Bunny Trolley Hop 2022 is sold out!
Thank you to everyone who has purchased tickets - we look forward to seeing you at the event!
Please arrive at the museum no later than 30 minutes prior to the train time printed on your ticket.
The Illinois Railway Museum is pleased to announce that we will be holding the Bunny Trolley Hop again in 2022. After a two-year break, we are planning a bigger and better event. There will be many activities for younger visitors and our regular displays will be open for the first time this year.
At the heart of the event is a ride in one of our historic trolleys to Bunny’s carrot patch. Here you will be able to meet the Easter Bunny and see live animals at the baby animal zoo before taking the trolley back to the Museum campus.
This event will run on three days: Saturday, April 9th, Sunday, April 10th, and Saturday, April 16th. Gates open at 9:00 AM and close at 5:00 PM.
Trolleys will leave the East Union Depot frequently all day. However, to minimize wait time and congestion at the carrot patch, a limited number of tickets will be available for each 30-minute time slot between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Visitors may start their trolley ride anytime during the 30-minute period shown on their ticket. You may visit the activities on the museum campus before and/or after the trolley ride.
Activities at the Bunny Trolley Hop Event
At the museum campus, activities include:
- Our recently opened, operating model railroad displays in the new Multi-Purpose Building.
- An Easter egg hunt. Hopefully, the weather this year will allow the hunt to be outside, but we will move into one of our historic display buildings in case of inclement weather.
- Ride one of our specially decorated streetcars around the campus and, during your ride, help the Bunny to find his missing treasure.
- In addition to our regular playground activities there will be a play inflatable.
- Coloring activities will be available in railroad cars.
- A food truck will be onsite to provide refreshments.
Tickets are available for purchase on the Museum website at $15 each and are required for those aged two and over.
On these days the Museum is open only for holders of event tickets. Everyone, including museum members, will need a ticket for admission to the event.
Information on visiting the museum is here. Before you visit, even if you have been a regular visitor in the past, please take the time to review the pandemic-related procedures and policies listed at this link.