fbpx

The Museum is closed until March 25.

Electric Freight Equipment

TMER&L 1914 Milwaukee Electric Railway & Light M15
TMER&L 1914
Milwaukee Electric Railway & Light M15
Description:Double-truck steel freight motor

Equipment Information

Milwaukee Electric M15 is an electric freight motor and utility car. It was built in TMER&L’s Cold Spring Shops to carry small freight shipments and to haul freight trains over the Wisconsin interurban network. In 1938 it was sold to the City of East Troy, Wisconsin which used it on a short freight line as a locomotive and utility car.

Builder: TMER&L
Year Built: 1920
Length: 50ft
Width: 8ft 6in
Height: 15ft 2in
Weight: 72900 lbs
Brakes: AMM
Motors: 4 GE 205B
Control: M-C74
Compressor: D3-N / CC4
Trucks: TMER&L M100AB
Description: Double End / Double Truck / Express
Arrived: 1982
Condition: Complete / cosmetically restored / operational

Photo gallery

Ownership History
1920-1938 – The Milwaukee Electric Railway & Light Company
1938-1941 – The Milwaukee Electric Railway & Transport Company
1941-1982 – Municipality of East Troy Railroad
1982-present – Illinois Railway Museum, Union, IL

Click to return to Electric Freight Equipment list
Click to return to main roster page